Three people have been killed and three others wounded in a house fire after multiple propane tanks exploded, according to officials.
Shortly after 12am on Saturday, firefighters responded to reports of an explosion in a house in the Winder area near Auburn, Georgia, and that several people were trapped inside.
When firefighters arrived on the scene, “explosions were going off inside the home,” Barrow County Fire Chief Alan Shuman told CBS News.
The house ultimately collapsed from the fire and three people were found dead inside.
Three other victims were taken to the hospital, including one who was airlifted.
The conditions of the three injured people are unknown at this time.
After the fire was contained, officials found several propane cylinders in the home, which Barrow County Emergency Services said resulted in the explosions.
“This is a very tragic event that resulted in loss of life and injuries to others,” Shuman said.
“The firefighters and medical personnel on the scene did a great job under the circumstances.
Shuman added: “We also want to remind citizens that it is extremely dangerous to have propane cylinders stored in your home, or any other structure.”
This is why all stores and outlets have the propane tanks OUTSIDE.