A family trip to an engagement celebration turned into a devastating tragedy in Turkey after a minibus overturned, killing seven people, including two young children.
The crash happened Saturday in Lice, a district of Diyarbakir province, as the family was traveling toward the southeastern city of Mus for engagement festivities.
According to local reports, one of the minibus tires suddenly burst, causing the driver to lose control of the vehicle.
The minibus overturned, leaving a mangled wreck with shattered windows and severe damage.
Two people were pronounced dead at the scene.
Five more later died at the hospital, bringing the death toll to seven.
Authorities said the victims included two children, ages 10 and 4.
Nine other people were injured in the crash and taken for medical treatment.
One of the injured victims was reported to be in serious condition.
Officials said all seven people who died were members of the same family.
Diyarbakir Gov. Murat Zorluoğlu later visited the injured at the hospital and expressed his condolences to the victims’ loved ones.
“I have learned with profound sorrow that the number of our citizens who lost their lives in the tragic traffic accident that occurred in Lice district has risen to 7,” he wrote.
He also wished a speedy recovery to those who remained hospitalized.
Serra Bucak, the co-mayor of Diyarbakir, said the region had been plunged into mourning by the tragedy.
“Finding words to say in the face of this great sorrow is difficult,” she said.
Bayram Bozyel of Turkey’s Kurdistan Socialist Party also shared condolences, describing the crash as a horrific loss for the community.
Authorities have launched an investigation to determine exactly what caused the minibus to overturn.
Discover more from True News Media
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

