According to court records, Joe Staysniak, a former NFL player who played for the Indianapolis Colts from 1992 to 1995, was arrested at his home in Indiana for allegedly assaulting his son and his son’s boyfriend.

He has been charged with one count of strangulation and two counts of battery resulting in bodily injury.

A man told police that he and Staysniak’s son were sitting in a car near Staysniak’s home when Staysniak approached them, pulled them out of the car, and hit each of them.

The man also reported that Staysniak flashed a gun and held it against his face during the incident. Additionally, the man said that Staysniak strangled him by grabbing the hood of his jacket.

It’s important to note that these are serious charges, and the legal process will determine the outcome.

It’s always concerning when any individual resorts to violence, and we hope that all parties involved receive the appropriate support and care.

The son also told deputies his father hit him, making his lip bleed, and struck his boyfriend.

Joe Staysniak, who told deputies he did have a gun and grabbed the boyfriend’s hood, said he saw his son in his underwear with his boyfriend, whom he told never to return to his property. He denied hitting the boyfriend.

In a news release posted on Facebook, Staysniak’s lawyer, Guy A. Relford, said the situation unfolded when a neighbor contacted Staysniak about two “suspicious vehicles” parked in the woods near Staysniak’s home.

According to a lawyer’s statement, Joe Staysniak, who had also worked at local radio stations, went to investigate after discovering his adult son and a friend in a car. The lawyer asserts that the details of the situation will come out in court but is confident that Joe’s actions were legal and justified under the circumstances.

It’s unclear what those circumstances were, and the lawyer had no further comment. Staysniak has since left his radio positions, and the case has been reported on by WIBC. CBS News has reached out to Staysniak’s former employer for further comment but has yet to receive a response.

It’s important to remember that everyone is innocent until proven guilty, and the legal process will determine the outcome. We hope that all parties involved receive the support and care they need during this challenging time.